Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Getting familiar with the Conceptual Framework

Committee members have received the CF in file form or as a hard copy; for others who are interested in reading our current CF, you can get to it from the "NCATE" link on the COE website or by clicking on this link: http://soe.kean.edu/~ncate/conceptualframework.htm .

We have the first committee meeting on April 27th. Let's start the conversation about the process for its revision before the meeting. Please take some time to read through it and begin thinking about: Testing our belief statements; showing that we value how our candidates impact their students' learning; and seeing NCATE's Standard #1 in your own program -- what does it look like for your students?

3 comments:

bebe lee said...

Jo: I have no idea what I've done, but it sure is fun. I beleive I created a blog but am not sure. I feel very strongly that the committee needs to set a vision especially when it comes to technology. I am determined to get more technology in our department. Our COE is sorely behind the times. If we wish to make a mark, we need to move forward. Hope I'm not being too strong. Bebe

Unknown said...

Jo,
This is a great way to start the conversation. I look forward to hearing comments before our meeting.
Angela

The NCATE team said...

Thanks for posting Bebe and Angela. Bebe, you're right about making sure our committment to technology integration shows clearly in our belief statements. Check out what currently is in that section of the CF to find references to technology.